Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Casual Color Blocking

During a recent shopping trip I came across the perfect red pleated skirt (on sale!), and had to have it. After showing it to my fashion-forward mom, she informed me that its solid red color was perfect for the upcoming season, because color blocking is so "in" (as are mid-length pleated skirts, I'm told). After gaining this tid-bit of fashion knowledge, I began to notice the color blocking trend everywhere!

Being that my outfits generally consist of mostly neutrals, figuring out how to adopt this colorful new trend posed as a bit of a challenge for me. I decided to pair my new red skirt with a palette of colors that weren't too bright. This allowed me to customize color blocking in a way that works best for me. Pairing the red (reddish-orange, actually) skirt with a yellow top seemed to form a great color combo. Adding casual leather boots, a hint of turquoise, and a whole lot of gold accessories, really tied the entire outfit together.

I'll leave you with this tip: When following trends, make sure to stay true to your style by wearing trends in a way that works for you.

Casual Colorblock


Old Navy top
$30 - oldnavy.gap.com

Dorothy Perkins pleated skirt
$44 - dorothyperkins.com

Coach leather boots
$398 - coach.com

Jigsaw gold bangle
£39 - jigsaw-online.com

Michael Kors square watch
$250 - michaelkors.com

Max & Chloe stone earrings
$180 - maxandchloe.com

Rag bone leather fedora
$140 - stylebop.com

Ray-Ban ray ban sunglasses
€139 - impressionen.de

No comments:

Post a Comment