Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perfect Little Reading Nooks

If you're as much of a book-lover as I am, then you probably have a go-to place to read. Whether it be in your bed or on the beach, most of us have a favorite place to break out the latest book that we can't seem to put down. My ideal reading space is cozy and comfortable; a quiet place where I can let myself escape.

A little "nook" created as a dedicated place for reading seems like the ideal space for any reader.
Whether you have a little space or a lot, create an area specifically designed for some one-on-one book time. Here are a few things to keep in mind when creating your own reading nook:

  • Comfort is key, so load on the pillows. 
  • Nearby shelves for all of your books are essential. 
  • Keep in mind that a location near a window is best, because natural light is ideal for reading.
  • Most importantly, make it a relaxing place where you can go to unwind.

After coming across these perfect little reading nooks, I'm inspired to create my own!

Photo: The Lettered Cottage
Photo: Katie Did
Photo: Maggie Lynne
Photo: Trendir
Photo: Elements of Style Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment