Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mid-Century Modern Favorites

Coming from a family full of designers gave me an early introduction to the many faceted world of design. Both my Mom and Dad have a natural knack for interior design and appreciate the many different styles and shapes of furniture.

Although I appreciate the traditional, decorative style of the home that my Mom designed for us growing up, it's not my preferred personal style as an adult. My Dad on the other hand is a Mid-Century Modern devotee; a type of design that I have learned to love. Eames, Le Corbusier, and Bertoia are a few Mid-Century designers that I have heard about for as long as I can remember.

After admiring my Dad's Le Corbusier Chaise Lounge for years, I finally got a Mid-Century piece of my own; an Eames molded armchair with dowel legs. I can easily say that it is currently my favorite piece of furniture. I am slowly browsing around for more Mid-Century favorites and look forward to incorporating them into my home one by one. I appreciate the clean lines and memorable shapes of this period of design, and love the recognizable character that they now have.

Photo: Bertoia Side Chair

Photo: Marcel Breuer Wassily® Chair in Belting Leather

Photo: Eames® Molded Plastic Dowel-Leg Armchair (DAW)

Photo: Eames® Lounge and Ottoman

Photo: Le Corbusier LC4 Chaise Lounge

Photo: Ludwig Mies van der Rohe Barcelona® Chair

1 comment:

  1. UNSAVED BELIEVER?

    Is the term, unsaved believer, an oxymoron, or a statement of fact? A few examples are warranted to shed some light on the question.

    UNSAVED BELIEVERS: John 12:42 Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue;

    Can faith not confessed save anyone?

    UNSAVED BELIEVER: Luke 18:18-23 A ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"........22 When Jesus heard this He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; come and follow Me. 23 But when he heard these things, he became sad, for he was extremely rich.

    The ruler wanted to omit the term of pardon he did not like. Can those of us, living under the new covenant, omit the terms of pardon we do not like and still be saved?

    UNSAVED BELIEVERS: James 2:18-19 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." 19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

    Demons believe but, would anyone assert that demons are saved?

    UNSAVED BELIEVERS: Are believers who deny that repentance or immersion in water are essential to the remission of sins, saved? (Acts 2:38)

    John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

    Can you ignore the requirements of Jesus and still be saved?

    Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved...

    If men practice a water-less salvation, will that save them?

    ARE THERE UNSAVED BELIEVERS?


    (All Scripture quotes from: NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete